I couldn’t sleep last night. I just tossed and turned. My own fault, really. I thought I’d be good and lay off the nectar. But having coffee instead was not such a smart idea. That toffee cake as well, with all that sugar. No good at all. I’m sure that’s what kept me awake and then awake I really did start to wonder about everything.
· What went wrong between me and Kaleem?
· How much longer do the Adulkis have left?
· Is Julien all right?
· Should I try to see more of my mother?
· Will we really be able to get the Z Zone fully integrated?
· What’s going to happen about switch-off?
· What’s to become of the Adulkis?
· Will I be single forever?
· Am I actually falling for Julien and is he just as unreachable as Kaleem?
· But is Kaleem all right? Where is he? I really can’t stop caring about him. Am I really doing the work I should be doing?
· Should I go back to the Z Zone?
· Is all this socializing in nectar bars real?
I think I did finally drop off about two hours before it was time to get up. I hate that. You feel so groggy and it always makes me slightly depressed if I don’t get enough sleep. I’m sure we normally sort some of these things out while we’re asleep.
Definitely an early night tonight.